All appointments can be made by calling the shop for your tattoo. There is no charge to book a consultation with an artist. However, to schedule an appointment to be tattooed, the shop requires a deposit to hold your day and time with the artist. Please see the deposit policy below. If it is your first time getting a tattoo at Wyld Chyld please remember to bring a photo ID with your name and date of birth on it (drivers license, passport, etc).
For the majority of our tattoos, Wyld Chyld prices on an hourly basis, at $100 per hour. There are a few factors to consider when pricing a tattoo - sizing, style, placement on the body, color or black & grey, the artist's tattooing speed, the amount of drawing/design work involved, etc. For multiple session pieces the artist may negotiate a session rate with the client instead of an hourly rate at his/her own discretion. The artist may also price the tattoo by the piece instead of an hourly rate at his/her own discretion. The shop minimum for smaller tattoos is $60. Payment methods are cash or credit/debit only - personal checks are not accepted.
The shop will accept walk-ins if there are no scheduled appointments at that time.
1. At the time that your tattoo appointment is made, a deposit is required in order to hold the agreed upon day and time for you. The pricing for a deposit ranges from $20-$50 depending on the complexity of the drawing.
2. The deposit is for the appointment(s) scheduled. It is for the tattoo agreed upon on the area of the body that was agreed upon at the time of appointment scheduling. The deposit will be deducted from the total cost of your tattoo at the final/last session of the agreed upon tattoo. Any major design change may result in a new deposit being required.
3. The deposit is non-transferable from one artist to another.
4. The deposit is non-refundable except in the occurrence of death or major illness prohibiting your ability to make it to your appointment.
5. You may reschedule your appointment ONCE with at least one weeks notice. If you call the day of your appointment to reschedule or cancel, the original deposit is forfeited and a new deposit will be required for any new appointments.
6.IF YOU ARE A NO CALL/NO SHOW ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT YOUR DEPOSIT IS AUTOMATICALLY FORFEITED. If after a no call no show you would like to schedule any other appointments, a new deposit will be required to hold your new day and time with the artist.
1. The state of Connecticut allows the tattooing of minors 16-17 years old. Minors wanting a tattoo will require a photo ID for themselves (drivers license, passport, school ID), and the parent or guardian must be present for the tattoo, sign the required paperwork, and have a photo ID as well. If the minor does not have a photo ID, they may provide 2 forms of ID such as a birth certificate, etc. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR US TO TATTOO ANY CHILD UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
2. For health and safety reason no children or babies under the age of 16 are allowed in the tattoo areas, no exceptions.